How to Make Money on Youtube
Here are the top 3 reasons why youtube is one of the best platforms to start on:
1) You start on youtube today for free. Anyone can start a youtube channel by simply creating a youtube account and going through the simple steps of creating a youtube channel that takes minutes. There is absolutely no cost such as domain hosting involved in your startup and the process is simple and quick.
2) You get an instant large audience since Youtube is the 2nd most searched and used social media website on the net so publishing your content there puts you in front of
3) It is quick and easy to add a passive income stream to your videos by monetizing your youtube videos with Adsense. It is quick and easy to monetize your youtube videos with Adsense. Bear in mind your ability to earn this income can be a bit of a slow grind at first depending on your ability to attract consistent and multiple views to your videos. Watch the short and popular step by step tutorial I filmed below that shows you exactly how to put ads on your videos.
Now let’s talk about the top four ways that you can earn income on youtube
There are really only four core ways that you can earn money on youtube. When you look at those top lists of 10 or 20 ways to earn
1. Sell other’s products as an affiliate
This is one of the easiest to do for beginners because there are many programs, Amazon, being the most popular one where you can sign up to be an affiliate at zero cost. Then, make engaging, funny and or informative videos on products available for sale on amazon and direct your viewers to purchase through an affiliate link that tags those sales to you. Once purchases are made through your affiliate link, amazon credits and
2. Create your own product or service and sell on youtube
If you have an existing business or product, you can use youtube to sell your existing business or product or create a product or service and then sell it on youtube. You can do this by doing similar engaging videos and then
3. Monetize your videos with Adsense Ads
When you consistently create content that people are enjoying watching this can allow you to have a high volume of views on your channel. When your channel is monetized with ad sense, depending on how and the videos you can monetize, this can work result a good stream of income and the average income you can expect is $2 per thousand impressions or views (CPM)
3b.Become a youtube partner
When your Youtube channel has enough followers and a large volume of views, you can apply to become a member of their Partner Program. Youtube Partners earn a larger portion of the advertising income or cost per thousand impressions/views (CPM) earned off their videos. Youtube usually keeps 45% of whatever the partner channel earns and this typically works out to Youtube Partners earning approx $5-$8 CPM. This is more than double the traditional payout above and with a much large viewer base, this can work out to be a significant stream of income. It makes thus quite clear the volume of revenue Youtube itself creates
4.Create a Youtube Advertising Campaign to drive sales to an affiliate product or your own product
Are you thinking of launching your youtube channel and want to know how to start well or are you on youtube and would like to improve your content and increase the engagement on your channel?
Then check out and subscribe to my channel where I share online marketing tips and tricks and be sure to sign up for the 7-day video training series on how to be a success online.
Finally, consider joining us in my free 30-day video challenge – Let’s CREATE, CONNECT AND CONVERT!
This challenge is a great way for you to launch or improve/re-launch your channel in a supportive environment that will speed up your success. Read more about the 30-day Youtube Video Challenge here.
To your success!
JoAnne Mbonigaba, Owner and Founder of Freedom Mompreneur by Design